Today we have an important lesson if you want to improve your basics. There is a connection between your feet and your upper body if you are going your steps.
If you go with the right to the front your upper body is turning a little bit to the right. If you go with the left to the front your upper body is turning a little bit to the left.
If you go backwards it’s the opposite: if you go with your left backwards, your upper body turns to the right and if you are going with your right backwards, your upper body is turning to the left.
Imagine you do the basic step:
- 1 to the front with the right: upper body to the right.
- 2 to the front with the left: upper body to the left.
- On 3 you transfer the weight back to the right: going backwards with the right means your upper body is going to the left. But your upper body is already to the left (see the point before), so you don’t need to move your upper body.
- 1 backwards with the left: upper body to the right.
- 2 backwards with the right: upper body to the left.
- On 3 transfer the weight to the front to your left: your upper body should go to the left but it’s already to the left, it means, you don’t move your upper body.
It’s important to pay attention to this details because they bring your dance to the next level.