|Footwork||Upper body||Head||Additional material|
|Feet||Hips and chest||Preparation||Styling|
|Turn on the line||Elastic||Musicality|
|Turn on the spot||Cambré||Social dancing|
1. Feet & Legs
- Basic step.
- Dancing the basic step in the close close position.
- Transfering the weight. The first 20 seconds with a new partner.
- Basic step feeling the beat.
- Feeling the basic step. Two basic steps backwards and wave.
1.2 Zouk turn
a. Lateral step
- Lateral step.
- Lateral behind the lady. Three possibilities.
- Lateral for the lady behind the guy, cross step for the guy.
b. Cross step
c. Left turn
- Left turn from basic step and lateral step.
- Left turn from cross step.
- Left turn from lateral with left hand up and right hand down.
- Combination: Lateral, left turn and lateral again.
- New possibilities for the turns just changing the hands.
- The door: Left turn with right up and left down.
- The door playing with the hips to the side.
- The door with hips and different ends.
- Turning the lady with both hands up and turn for the guy.
d. Right turn
- Right turn from basic step.
- Right turn from lateral.
- Lateral, right turn and basic step (two variations).
- Combination: Lateral, right turn and lateral again.
- The door with a right turn at the beginning (from basic step and from lateral).
1.3 Turn on the line
a. Preparation: Opening into the line.
b. Normal turn on the line.
- Normal turn on the line and return (yoyo) after a left turn.
- Normal turn on the line changing the direction 90°.
- Normal turn on the line changing the direction 180°.
- Right turn on the line after a left turn.
- Turn to the right for the guys after a ioio.
c. Long left turn on the line (bumerangue or bonus)
- Long left turn on the line from basic step (the lady will be blocked).
- Long left turn on the line (bumerangue) from lateral.
- Long left turn on the line with turn to the right for the guys.
- Long left turn on the line with left turn for the guys.
- Long left turn on the line after cross step.
- Bumerangue with the little sun variation.
- Improving the bumerangue: some details.
- Double long left turn on the line with turn to the left (with chocolate) for the guys.
d. Long right turn on the line (bumerangue reverse)
- Long right turn on the line (Bumerangue reverse) from basic step. Two variations.
- Long right turn on the line (bumerangue reverse) from basic step and some other steps.
- Long right turn on the line under the arm (and “ochos” behind the lady).
- Long turn on the line with turn for the guys from side step.
- Leading the bumerangue reverse with an impulse.
- Walking around the guy and bumerangue reverse.
- Prison step.
- Prison step with more than one turn (and how to dance at a party without space).
- Prison step: How to change from one side to the other side.
- Cross step behind the lady and prison step.
1.4 Turn on the spot
- Turn on the spot together to the right.
- Turn on the spot together to the right and cross step.
- Turn on the spot together to the left.
2. Upper body
2.1 Hips and chest
- Basic moves for the hips and the chest (basic step, wave, elastic).
- Going with the hips: Lateral for the guys and normal zouk turns.
- Going with the hips: Lateral step for the ladies.
- The connection between your feet and your upper body.
- Playing on the spot with the hips, upper body and the head of the lady.
- Playing with the hips after a left turn for the lady.
2.3 Bending to the front or elastic
- Bend to the front (elastic) from basic step.
- Bend to the front (elastic) after a left turn holding both hands (left hand up, right hand down).
- Bend to the front (elastic) and be behind the lady.
- Three possibilities after bending to the front (snake, up, cambré).
- Elastic variation 1, looking to the front.
- Elastic without elastic.
- Elastic in the close position from basic step (guy to the side).
- Be sensitiv with the hair of the lady.
2.4 Bending back or cambré
- Cambré from basic step going the guys to the front.
- Left turn + cambré (and some other steps)
- Cambré after a left turn with both hands (left up, right down).
- Cambré after long left turn on the line (bumerangue).
3. Head (preparation)
- Easy head movements.
- Easy head movements staying in front of the lady.
- Easy head movements after a left turn, turn on the spot and cambré.
- Easy head movements after yo-yo.
4. Additional material
- Men’s Styling: Lateral footwork 1.
- Ladystyling: Lateral – left turn – lateral with styling for the left hand.
- Take care about your posture: shoulders down, pelvis to the front, close your ribs.
b. Connection: Leading and Following.
- Learning to follow: the contact on the shoulder blade (and some steps).
- Leading and following by long turn on the line (bumerangue).
- Leading and following: crossing steps and head movements on the spot.
- Following: “First my arm, then I go”.
- Following: the contact in the close close position.
- Following means to go active against the contact.
d. Social dancing.
e. Additional steps
- Little opening to the right.
- Big opening to the right (closed position, 180°).
- Big opening to the right with a wave at the end.
- The thrower.
- The thrower with a turn for the guys.
- Turn for the guys under the arm of the lady from lateral.
- Turn bending to the front.
- The self-hug.
- The lady behind of the guy after a left turn.
- Outside turn to the right from lateral for the guys with a left turn (hand down).
- The pizza turn.
- Back on back.
- Back on back from lateral step.
- The ping pong from the basic step.
- The ping pong from the lateral.
- The ping pong with turn for the guys.
- Yo-yo with a cool end.
- The guys turn in from yoyo and turn the lady with the upper arm.
- Differences between dancing with turn on the line or with normal turns.
- Turning to the left for the guys while leading the yoyo.
- Pizza turn to the left for the guys.
- Travelling with the lady in the close position.
- Travelling on the close position and playing with the hands.
- The X-turn.
- Little steps looking both in the same direction.
- Turning together 180° to the right.
- Lateral-turn-lateral & long right turn on the line & left turn + cambré.
- Lateral, left turn and lateral again.
- Lateral, right turn and lateral again.
- Lateral, left turn and elastic.
- Lateral, left turn and wave.
- Lateral painting a circle with the arm of the lady and left turn.
- Cross step + left turn for the guys + left turn for the ladies.
- Long turn on the line with elastic and wave.
- Long right turn on the line changing the hands and ewith elastic.
- Left turn for the ladies and left turn for the guys.
- Left turn from lateral with the left hand up and the right hand down + wave, elastic and snake.
- Left turn from basic step, cross step, lateral, left turn guys, left turn ladies, wave.
- Right turn, yoyo, wave and yoyo again.
- Right turn from basic step, lateral and elastic.
- Pulling the lady aroung of you, lateral, left turn and elastic variation 1.
- Little sun, turn with both hands down, wave and ping pong.
- Little sun and snake.
- Little sun, turn with both hands down, wave and ping pong.
- Bumerangue reverse, elastic without elastic and cambré.
- Titanic playing theater and bumerangue with turn for the guys.
- Decorating the lateral with the hands, turn backwards for the guys and titanic from elastic.
- Pseudo-ioio and ping pong.
- Opening from basic step, bumerangue reverse and elastic.
- Pizza turn to the right from lateral + bumerangue.
- Turning 180° to the right and ending in a wave.
- Bumerangue reverse with left up and right down, lateral and the door on the line.